diversely skilled team
“Hi, I’m Dina Matty, professional dancer, presenter, international aerobics champion, certified Romana Pilates Instructor Level 3, trained in the authentic, original “True Pilates” style in New York, under Romana Kryzanwoska (trained by Joseph Pilates), Sari Pace and Cynthia Lochard (a soloist in the New York City Ballet). I am an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer and Exhale Barre Instructor, have studied anatomy, physiology and bio-mechanics and I am a physical rehabilitation specialist for those recovering from major surgery, motor neurone issues, chemotherapy and physical trauma, etc.
I have been in the fitness industry for over 25 years and I’ve seen fads come and go. What I have learnt through all these years is there are no short cuts, no diet and no detox that is your magical elixir.
You probably already know what you really need to do to be fitter, move more gracefully, tone up and lose weight but like so many people, maybe you have you lost your mojo?
It happens to the best of us, honestly, you would be amazed at just how many people feel this at some point in their life. That’s why I founded Pulse Pilates and Fitness back in 1995 – because it is an important turning point in life, a cross roads to something potentially better.
Through Pulse Pilates and Fitness I’ve brought together a remarkable team of trainers in traditional pilates, personal training, barre, yoga, massage, nutrition and the psychology behind health, fitness and achieving ones personal best.
We provide expert training in small group classes suitable for everyone, private/individual programs, through to tailored, specialised programs for professional athletes, and we provide exceptional physical rehabilitation support.”
- 1968: Accepted into London’s exclusive Bush Davis School Of Theatre and Dance at the age of 4, attaining Royal Academy Of Dance (R.A.D) Qualifications in genres of Ballet, Tap and Modern
- 1979: At 15 auditioned for, and accepted into, The College’S Full Time Programme (Boarding At The School) to the age of 19; achieving her R.A.D Qualifications in Advanced Ballet, Advanced Modern and Advanced Tap
- 1982-1985: travelled and worked as a dancer in:
- “Superman Show” Genting Highlands Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- “Peter Alex Newton Show, Dubai, U.A.E.
- IBM Trade Shows in Bahamas, Greece Rhodes, Madrid, Spain
- 1986-1994: travelled and worked as a dancer in:
- London, in shows in the West End Theatre district
- Song and Dance
- Royal Variety Show
- Night Of 100 Stars (Performing for The Queen and Princess Diana)
- BBC London Les Denis Laughter Show, Terry Wogan Show, Kenny Everett Show (as a ‘Hot Gossip’ Dancer)
- Stanley Baxter Show, London Weekend Television 321
- Channel 5 Show (Milan)
- Moon River Show (Berlin)
- 321 Count Down (Amsterdam)
- Live Shows: Cliff Richard at Wembley, Hassan Ididear in Morocco
- Videos: Go West, Kiss, Robert Palmer ‘Didn’t Mean To Turn You On’ and ‘Simply Irresistible’
- Commercials: Diet Pepsi, Robert Palmer, Persil Soap Powder, Kangurro Shoes Italy
- Fashion Shows: Adidas, Converse, Ocean Pacific In Munich twice a year, Princess Diana’s 21st Birthday Party
- 1991: Dina studied R.S.A Aerobics Teaching and taught at various fitness clubs in London, including The Espree Club, Cannons, Jubilee Hall and Steptoes
- 1992: UK Women’s Individual Aerobic Champion
- 1992: European Individual Aerobic Champion
- 1992: 5th Place Las Vegas World Aerobic Championship
- Trained by the American National and World Aerobic Champion Joan Wenson
- 1993: UK Women’s Aerobic Champion
- 1993: 12th Place New Orleans World Championship
- 1994: Presenter London Fitness Network Convention
- 1992-1996: Certified Personal Trainer with American Council Of Exercise
- 1992-1996: Taught at the prestigious Voight Studios, alongside some of the best instructors in the world, inc. Joan Wenson, Bob Harper, Michelle Dozois, Chris Galen, Madonna Grimes and Patrick Goudeau
- 1992-1996: Dina set up Crunch Club Personal Training and trained various clients in Los Angeles, including Kate Pearson of the B52s, Gaye Straza-Rappaport, the creator of Kai, The Princess of Kuwait, actor Raymond Cruz, Ruth Gordon (Doris Days Double) and various elite clients of the Los Angeles business world
- 1996: whilst on holiday in Australia, Dina met and married Keith in Sanctuary Cove.
- 1996-1997: teaching at various health clubs, including The Rec Club Sanctuary Cove, Healthworks, Tweed Fitness Centre, The Golden Door
- 1997-2011: she started Pulse Personal Training on the 12th floor of the Neicon Tower
- 2000: Presented at Filex Convention Centre Sydney, Body Barre Sculpting Class and Super Step Class
- 2000: Working and building a team of trainers (Dina trained some of the elite Gold Coast trainers)
- 2000: Studied The Pilates Method with Romana Kryzanwoska, Sari Pace and Cynthia Lochard (Soloist with New York City Ballet, who worked with George Balanchine)
- 2000: Introduced “True Pilates” into Queensland and is still one of only 2 studios that teach the True Pilates method in Queensland
- 2006-2008: created “Pilates – The Authentic Way” DVD and book, “Pilates with the Magic Circle” DVD and Book, “Ball and Band Workout” DVD and Book
- 2008: Level 4 Teacher Trainer and responsible for training Apprentices in “Romana Pilates” Certification
- 2011-2014: Relocated Pulse Pilates and Fitness to a its current location in Broadbeach, developing a very specialised centre with specialist teachers in their respective fields, including a full Pilates studio equipped to teach traditional Pilates, Barre Classes, TRX Classes, Specialised Fitness Training, Yoga and Boxing
- 2014: Attained Level 3 grade trainer status.
- 2014: Hosted a seminar to educate future Pilates Teachers in the True Pilates method
Personal Trainer, Eating Psychology Coach, Karateka
Slava is passionate about helping clients to achieve their best potential through a positive relationship with food and their bodies.
After working in gyms and personal training studios for many years, and watching most of the people who lost weight eventually put it back on rather quickly, Slava delved into the ‘why’; why some people, no matter how much they exercise and eat healthy, just can’t seem to lose weight? Why many women who looked absolutely stunning, had a very poor body image. She discovered the connection of mind and body, studied at The Institute of Psychology of Eating, and became coach in this cutting edge, holistic new field, exploring their diet, relationships, career, spirituality, physical movement and past, to discover what the body might be holding on to.
Romana Pilates Instructor
Kalliopy discovered her passion for Romana’s Pilates in her 40s and now 20 years on, is still as devoted as ever to the method. Helping her clients to feel happy and healthy is Kalliopy’s number one priority and it’s her greatest satisfaction to see her clients (junior and senior) and with their individual health objectives, acheive their goals and feel great about themselves.
Personally, Kalliopy continues to develop her own skills and practice by continuing to travel, learn and be inspired from different teachers from around the world.
Kalliopy has taught at Pulse Pilates & Fitness for 5 years and enjoys every minute at the studio, with her ‘can do’ attitude and effervescent energy reflected in her energized teaching style.
Romana Pilates Instructor
Natalia brings over 20 year’s international experience in the fitness industry. She is a dedicated and motivated professional with a passion for Pilates, for both tailored personal/private instruction and group training.
Romana Pilates Instructor
Dawne learned Pilates as a Pulse Pilates and Fitness client over 16 years ago and loved the challenge and the results afforded her.
Dawne decided to make Pilates her career and undertook the Pulse Teacher Training Course, qualifying in 2013.
I hope to inspire others to achieve their goals no matter what age or fitness level. If you walk out with a smile on your face and a spring in your step, then I’ve done my job.
True Pilates Instructor
I was charmed by the True Pilates Method and I love seeing changes in my clients bodies and helping them to become more connected.